Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 1: So this one time I went to Australia...

Okay so one day I will become un-lazy and actually write all of this madness down in my journal, but until that magical day arrives, I figured I should put these experiences down somewhere so that I don't forget it all. I mean really, I went to AUSTRALIA. I can't afford to forget anything. So here it goes. Let's start at the very beginning:

Day 1 (July 6, 2011):

This day began like any other aside from the fact that in my heart was beating four times its usual rate because of the excitement. Raeane (my best friend in the entire world) arrived at the house so that she could go up to the airport with us, which was fantastic. I felt kinda bad leaving her best-friendless, and it was good to hang out with her before I left. We went to Appleby's as a "last supper" sort of thing where Brady proceeded to order hot chocolate even though it was like 90 degrees outside. Raeane and I ordered off of the date menu and ended up both getting chicken fingers like a couple of kids :). It was fabulous.


After dinner we headed up to the airport. I was, of course, carrying my shockingly pink, and spectacularly amazing luggage. As we said goodbye, I actually was kind of sad to think I wouldn't see my family or Raeane for three weeks. Especially since my dad, although he would never admit it, was on the verge of tears. I couldn't tell if they were jealous, sad, or proud tears. Perhaps a mixture of the three. Regardless, it made me emotional. I breezed through security. I'm not kidding there was NO ONE in line. I've never seen such madness. I remember waving back to the fam after I had passed through. They stayed at the security entrance until I was out of sight, and then it was off to wait for a good two and half hours for my flight to L.A.


The flight to L.A. was, to say the least, uncomfortable. It wasn't terribly long, but I was sitting next to a rather large individual who I think probably should have been made to buy two tickets as his leg fat kept rubbing up against me :/ To make matters worse, he was apparently a stalker because as we parted ways, he says to me, "Have fun in Sydney!" even though I did not say a single word to him about where I was going at any time during the flight. Let's just say I was glad to be rid of him. We exited the plane, and I walked the whole ten step to my next gate and stepped on to the plane that would transport me to a different world. (To be continued).

No comments:

Post a Comment