Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 4: Sit back and enjoy the Temple

So because Tanya is in such high demand down in Sydney, she was gone for most of the morning on Saturday for a fireside rehearsal, but she did teach me how to make wheat-bix before she left, and they were actually pretty good! So I allowed myself to sit on her couch and browse through her unbelievably massive video collection, and just relax the jet lag away before she came home.


When she got home, she realized that we needed a few things at the store for dinner, so we ventured out into the city for some essentials, but on the way, we stopped at the temple. It's not very big or grand, but it's so pretty, and it has my name on it, so I rather enjoyed going. My only regret is that I was never able to go inside, we simply ran out of time, but it was nice to at least be able to walk around it.



After the temple we went to the grocery store Aldie's, which funnily enough is located in what they call a "shopping center" which is essentially a giant mall. I will go more into detail about these magical places later on. Aldie's had "American cookies" for sale, the likes of which I had never seen before in my life, and other odds and ends which were amusing. They have what's called Long Life Milk over there which is milk in a square box that doesn't have to be refrigerated, but it's not evaporated or condensed. It's kinda crazy but cool at the same time, cause it just tastes like milk, but it won't spoil. Anyway, we had dinner and watched Lost in Austen, and went to bed because I was once again exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment