Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 8: Walks along the shore

This 13th day of July in the beautiful city of Sydney was rather chilly (like maybe 40 degrees) which was kind of a bummer because it was my first experience with the beaches Sydney has to offer, and it was also Matthew's birthday, but it was still beautiful!! If anything, the blustery feel just added to the scenery of Cronulla Beach.


We got to the beach and walked around a while before deciding to eat at Hogsbreath Cafe, which is apparently an American chain, though I've never heard of it. After lunch, we walked along the coastline, and Janne and I took our shoes off and walked in the sand where I proceeded to write my name in it, and feel rather special.


I had only been to the beach once before in my life, so the contemplative look I have in the first is because the ocean is kind of massive and awe inspiring. Then I got brave and decided to go close to the water and got my jeans soaked. Brilliant. Turns out I really like the ocean though. I remember thinking the whole time how beautiful the place was and how much fun it was walking in the sand like I hadn't a care in the world.

The rest of these pictures are mostly just for your aesthetic pleasure.



Somewhere back in the recesses of Cronulla Beach, we found a cute little playground that Natalie and Eliza just adored. It had a little pail that you could put sand in and use a rope to lift up to a platform on the jungle gym. It also had a nice little view to look at while we watched them play, so it was a nice place to rest. 

There's Natalie all bundled up...at the beach. It was a little cold, but not that cold :)

After our adventure at the beach we went back to Janne's house and climbed all 497 stairs it takes to actually get inside, and there we celebrated Matthew's 19th birthday with birthday cake. We relaxed there for a little while before going back to Sam's and eating dinner, which we weren't really hungry for until we could smell her amazing cooking, and then ate to our hearts' content. Another magical day in Australia.


No comments:

Post a Comment